A microwave oven is an essential part of any kitchen. However, due to lack of small over the countertop or in the cabinet, people opt not to buy it. That is when the small microwave oven starts to hit the market. These are designed for small kitchens, and they are so compact that you can keep them anywhere you want to address the space issue. But they have all the necessary features and functionalities you expect in a microwave. The following is the list of the best small microwaves for your small kitchen.
- List of The Best Small Microwaves In 2021
- #12. Smart Countertop Microwave Oven
- #11. Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave
- #10. Countertop Microwave Oven
- #9. Countertop Microwave Oven
- #8. Compact Countertop Microwave
- #7. Countertop Commercial Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
- #6. Mini Microwave
- #5. Child-Safe Lockout Microwave Oven
- #4. Quick Touch Microwave
- #3. Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor
- #2.Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
- #1. Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
- Things To Consider When Buying Small Microwaves
- Types Of Microwave
List of The Best Small Microwaves In 2021
|Daewoo KOR-7LREW Retro Countertop Microwave Oven 0.7 Cu. Ft., 700W | Cream...||Buy on Amazon|
|Nostalgia RMO400RED Retro 0.9 Cubic Foot Microwave||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2022-05-02 at 15:40 (UTC+0) / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#12. Smart Countertop Microwave Oven
This small microwave is a voice-controlled model to work with Alexa. It also permits hands-free activity, so you can control it manually. Moreover, it is perfect for your small dorm room or apartment. The microwave has the most extreme food capacity of 0.9 Cubic Ft. This is an ideal countertop microwave to fit with the decor of your modular kitchen. This microwave requires 900-Watt of cooking power.
Furthermore, this unit utilizes your voice and an echo device. Alexa, the virtual assistant, also automatically adds new presets. With this automatic microwave, you do not have to stress over setting a timer for cooking. This microwave also has the reheating and defrosting options.
#11. Stainless Steel Countertop Microwave
This compact microwave is the ideal kitchen appliance for your dorm room, and it is made with high-quality stainless steel. This is also a convenient countertop microwave to fit your needs. Moreover, it requires 700-Watt of cooking power. This unit has the maximum food capacity of 0.7 Cubic Ft. The microwave comes with 10 different power levels. It has the child-lock for safety.
This microwave also comes with the one-touch quick defrost function. Furthermore, it has six auto-cook settings for popcorn, pizza, potato, soup, and fresh-and-frozen vegetables. This unit comes with a convenient size to fit your smaller kitchen. It comes with an auto-cook button. This small microwave is also easy to operate and clean. The microwave comes in a pocket-friendly.
#10. Countertop Microwave Oven
This small microwave allows easy and quick cooking and reheating. The microwave with a countertop design and retro look remind you of the vintage era. This unit is also ideal for the small apartment room and dormitory. Moreover, this appliance comes with the 0.7 Cubic Ft, food loading capacity. It requires 700-Watt of cooking power. This microwave comes with the delay timer and expresses cooking.
The optimal heating of this microwave also delivers popular foods like popcorn, pizza, potato, veggies, and more. Furthermore, the unit has a digital clock with easy-to-read LED display lights. Besides, each of the cooking settings gets highlighted with the LED lights. It comes with 12 pre-programmed cooking settings. The rotating glass carousel of this microwave provides evenly cooked foods.
#9. Countertop Microwave Oven
The countertop design of this microwave easily fits in your small apartment room or dorm room. This unit also comes with the 0.9 Cubic Ft. of food capacity. Moreover, it has the useful “+30 seconds” button for an instant start. The unit has the interior dimensions of 12.4 x 8.7x 13.7-inch. You also get the one-touch button for 6 minutes express cooking.
This also comes with the time cook and time defrost buttons. Furthermore, it has a 10.6-inch carousel turntable for an even cooking and reheating option. This auto defrost button on this unit also allows an easy defrosting. The microwave has a kitchen timer button. You can cook the popular foods like pizza, beverage, potato and fresh vegetable with the preset menu items.
#8. Compact Countertop Microwave
By: Hamilton Beech
This mini microwave comes with the countertop design. The unit also comes with the child-lock button to keep everybody safe. Moreover, it comes with the maximum food loading capacity of 0.7 Cubic Ft. The unit requires the cooking power of 700-Watt. The microwave has 10 different power levels for different cooking. You get a cook timer button to adjust your cooking time.
The microwave also comes with a user-friendly control panel. Furthermore, it has six preset menu items. With one button press, you can cook the popular foods like popcorn, pizza, and potato. The frozen vegetable button on this unit allows easy defrosting. The reheating button also helps you to reheat your foods. The small microwave also comes with the kitchen timer button.
#7. Countertop Commercial Stainless Steel Microwave Oven
This is a perfect countertop model. The unit has a heavy-duty, commercial-grade stainless steel front. This unit also comes with the 0.8 Cubic Ft. food capacity. Moreover, the unit with its quick time food preparation with easy operation allows using for the personal kitchen, restaurant, hotel, office, and convenience stores. It needs 1000-watts of cooking power. The concentrated heating system and ultra-efficient operation of this unit support faster cooking.
The unit also comes with a grab-and-go handle. Furthermore, it has the 20 pre-programmable menus in braille with 10 memory pads. You get 2 and 3 stage cooking with six different power levels. Moreover, the transparent oven door allows you to see your food cooking under an interior oven lamp. This unit accommodates coffee mugs, casserole dishes, dinner plates, and much other kitchenware. Overall, it is one of the best small microwaves on the list.
#6. Mini Microwave
This unit is the voice-controlled model to work with Alexa. The compact microwave not only also allows hands-free operation, but also you can control it manually. Moreover, it is ideal for your small apartment room or dorm room. The unit has the maximum food capacity of 0.7 Cubic Ft. This is a perfect countertop microwave to match your modular kitchen. This microwave requires 700-Watt of cooking power.
This is an upgradable option to work with Alexa. Furthermore, it uses your voice and an echo device. Alexa, the virtual assistant, automatically adds new presets. With this automatic microwave, you do not need to worry about setting a timer for cooking. This unit comes with the automatic reheating and defrosting options. The hi-fi microwave involves any stressful operation.
#5. Child-Safe Lockout Microwave Oven
By: Hamilton Beach
This is one of the best mini microwaves that come with the dimensions of 17.3 x 13.4 x 10.2-inch. The unit also has the food loading capacity of 0.7 Cubic Ft. Moreover, it needs 700-Watt cooking power. The child-safety lockout button on this unit keeps everybody safe in your family. The six preset cooking menu of this unit helps you to cook popular foods with ease. This small item has a 10-inch turntable.
The unit also comes with an easy start button. Furthermore, it is the perfect one for your small apartment or dorm room. The unit only weighs 21.3 lbs. The two-way defrost helps you to with time and weight defrost. The preset menu buttons are for popcorn, pizza, fresh vegetable, and beverage. The unit is very much user-friendly and comes at a pocket-friendly price.
#4. Quick Touch Microwave
This small microwave has the maximum food loading capacity of 1.2 Cubic Ft. The unit also requires 1100-Watt of cooking power. Moreover, it has a unique dynamic power adjustment. This dynamic power adjustment helps to control both the power and time during the cooking cycle. With the sensor IQ function, this unit automatically reheats and adjusts the cooking time to match the preparation time of the food.
The unit also comes with 10 power levels. Furthermore, with these different power levels, you can adjust the power from 10% to 100% with the help of a twist dial. The unit has a polished stainless steel interior. This item comes with a front door handle. This is a countertop microwave. It has a clock and timer.
#3. Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor
The black stainless steel exterior body makes this unit look stylish and ideal for your modern kitchen. This microwave also comes with an easy-to-read large display. Moreover, it requires 1550-Watt of cooking power. The present cooking menus of this unit provide the optimal heating to cook popular foods like potatoes, pizza, veggies, and other dishes. This comes with a large 1.2 Cubic Ft. food capacity. With a cavity layer, this microwave measures 13.07 X 15 X 9.5-inch.
This unit also comes with a 12.4-inch turntable. Furthermore, with 1110-Watt cooking power, it comes along with 10 power settings. This unit has a kitchen timer and clock. It comes with a user-friendly control panel. It needs just one-touch starts automatically cooks your popcorn. The two way defrost function of this unit allows custom or one-pound auto defrost. You can both turn on and off the sounds of this unit. It is definitely one of the best small microwaves to opt for.
#2.Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
This best small microwave has its design inspired by the models of 50′. The super classy design also comes with the clever technology of the modern world. Moreover, the unit is a convenient countertop model. The unit has a classic retro handle and curved edged design. This comes with the food capacity of 0.7 Cubic Ft. The polished cream white color of this item fits all sorts of kitchen décor. It has a 10-inch turntable with lesser space and power-consuming design.
The unit also comes with the two way defrost functionality to deliver easy and quick defrosting. Furthermore, it features with the zero-standby function to consume lesser power. The microwave has 5 different levels of power cooking up to 700-Watt. This compact item has 4 auto cook menus for soup, beverage, fresh vegetable, and dinner plate. This small unit has a kitchen timer for easy cooking.
#1. Retro Countertop Microwave Oven
The retro look of this microwave reminds you of the 90’s design of the microwave. This unit also comes with a sleek chrome door, control panel, and accents. Moreover, the added flair that it comes with simply completes the retro-look. This appliance has the 0.9 Cubic Ft. food capacity. It requires 800-Watt of cooking power. This unit provides quick cooking and reheating. It comes with a user-friendly LED digital display.
You also get a digital clock and timer with it. Furthermore, this digital display highlights each and every cooking setting. The rotating glass carousel of this item delivers even cooking and prevents overheating. The unit comes with 12 preset menu items. With this pre-programmed cooking setting, you can easily cook popcorn, pizza, veggies, and potatoes. The delay timer on this unit provides the optimal heating to cook popular foods. It has a simple turn-and-push program dial.
Things To Consider When Buying Small Microwaves
Small microwaves are quite easy to find, but the best ones can be pretty challenging to look for. There are some important features that you want to have in mind when buying small microwaves. We list them all below so feel free to take a look.
- Cooking Presets: If you want to use your microwave more than just reheating food, you need cooking presets. Even with the smaller models, there are still some preset functions that you can conveniently use. Look for that so that cooking will be extra easy for you.
- Noise: It is common for microwaves to make noise as it works. However, you have to look for the ones with less noise so that cooking will be less bothersome. You wouldn’t want a microwave that is too loud, it is just not nice.
- Panel: The panel of the microwave should come with LED lighting so that it is easy to use. You can easily read the programs, and a simple touch on the button is all you need. The ones with knob function will also do, depending on your preference actually.
- Power: In small microwaves, the power should be between 700 and 800 watts. If you can find the ones with higher wattage, it will be even better. That is because the higher the wattage, the faster and more even the cooking will be.
- Safety: Sometimes kids tend to play around the microwave and accidentally start it which can cause a fire. Look for the microwaves with the children locking button if you have kids so that it is extra safe.
- Size: This is probably the least important because you know you want the microwave to be small. Just make sure that it does not take up too much space on the counter despite its mini size. Measure the amount of space that you prepare for your new microwave before getting one. That way, you know you get the perfect microwave with just the right size.
Types Of Microwave
- Convection Microwave: When it comes to the most functional microwave, this type stays on top of the list. It works by using a combination of fan and heat to cook a wide variety of food. You can use it to cook, bake, and pretty much anything because convection microwave is powerful enough to do all of that.
- Grill Microwave: Just like the name suggests, it gives you the grill taste without needing to use the outdoor grill. The special thing about grill microwave is that it comes with a larger size and multiple accessories. Its size allows you to grill pizza, meat, and a lot of other food courses. This one is not so common because it only comes with just one button.
- Solo Microwave: This is a basic level microwave that you can use to reheat food or defrost frozen food. This type of microwave uses electromagnetic radiation to cook meals and beverages in both domestic and commercial kitchens. This type is actually the cheapest, and it does not with a lot of features at all.
The availability of space is no more a constraint in buying a microwave. Even if you do not have space in your kitchen to accommodate a compact option, you can place it anywhere in your home and get the job done. There are various types of small microwaves available based on the functionalities. Some are best for reheating food while others can bake cake, pizza, and cook various delicious dishes. Therefore, you need to go through the description of these best small microwaves options to understand which one of them satisfies your requirements. You should not worry about the quality as we have researched well on various parameters before listing the best ones for you.