In today’s digitized world, digital security is the first priority, and a fingerprint scanner offers the best possible security. We often read the news of passwords getting hacked, and therefore, people are opting for a biometric verification process for tightening the security. With a fingerprint scanner, you can secure the login process to your computer as well as various essential files on your hard drive. Therefore, even if your computer gets stolen, those valuable files cannot be cracked. Check out the best fingerprint scanners in the following list.
- The Best Fingerprint Scanners In 2021
- #14. Hamster IV Fingerprint Scanner
- #13. 5100 Fingerprint Scanner
- #12. Pro 20 Optical USB Fingerprint Scanner
- #11. Hamster Plus Fingerprint Scanner
- #10. Fingerprint Scanner With Unique Serial Number
- #9. Fingerprint Reader For Microsoft Windows Login
- #8. LLC IDOL Slide Mini Fingerprint Reader
- #7. EcoID Fingerprint Reader
- #6. P5100 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader
- #5. Mini USB Fingerprint Reader For PC
- #4. Mini Fingerprint Reader For Microsoft Windows Login
- #3. Compact Fingerprint Reader
- #2. P2000 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader
- #1. Fingerprint Security Reader
- What Is Fingerprint Scanner?
- Why Should You Install Fingerprint Scanners?
- Things To Consider When Buying Fingerprint Scanners
- Types Fingerprint Scanners
The Best Fingerprint Scanners In 2021
Last update on 2022-05-02 at 18:33 (UTC+0) / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#14. Hamster IV Fingerprint Scanner
This fingerprint scanner uses the optical sensor with unique fingerprint biometric technology. The ergonomic design of this fingerprint scanner also comes with the auto-on technology. This technology allows the device to automatically sense the presence of the finger. Moreover, this fingerprint scanner gets activated by its own company software to automatically detect your finger.
The fingerprint scanner also captures the clear image of the difficult-to-capture fingers. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner automatically adjusts its sensor brightness. This smart fingerprint scanner ideally captures the fingers with dry, moist, scarred or aged skins. Even, this fingerprint scanner clearly captures the fingerprint under the bright sunlight. The fingerprint scanner delivers quick and exact verification.
#13. 5100 Fingerprint Scanner
By: Digital Persona
This fingerprint scanner has an optical sensor. The fingerprint scanner also comes with sturdy construction. This fingerprint scanner mainly serves commercial purposes, like health care, finance, education, and so on. Moreover, the optical technology of this fingerprint scanner is easy to use. The fingerprint scanner comes with the dust and water resistance coating to last for a longer time.
The fingerprint scanner also comes with a long USB cable. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner offers easy and fast verification. The fingerprint scanner is highly compatible with all versions of Windows Operating System. This fingerprint scanner comes along with a free of cost fingerprint reader software.
#12. Pro 20 Optical USB Fingerprint Scanner
This fingerprint scanner comes with the Auto-on feature. This feature of this scanner allows you to detect a finger automatically within 0.2 to 0.5-second capture speed. This fingerprint scanner also perfectly and precisely reads the moist, dry, scarred, aged, or difficult-to-scan fingers. Moreover, the fingerprint scanner comes with a water and dust-resistant outer coat on the sensor for proper durability.
The fingerprint scanner is also ideal for outdoor usage and water-resistant devices. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner has the compatibility with the newest versions of Windows via USB 1.1. As well as, the scanner works well with Java and Linux via hi-speed USB 2.0.
#11. Hamster Plus Fingerprint Scanner
This fingerprint scanner comes with a robust sensor, which is not easily destructible. The fingerprint scanner also comes with the Auto-on technology to automatically detect the fingers nearby. Moreover, the fingerprint scanner captures the fingerprint image with a 500 DPI resolution. This fingerprint scanner comes with the USB connection.
The fingerprint scanner is also ideal to use both indoor and outdoor, with the harsh environment. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner is compatible with both Windows and Windows Hello. The fingerprint scanner protects your desktop or laptop files from unauthorized users. This fingerprint scanner is easy to use. The fingerprint scanner comes at a pocket-friendly price.
#10. Fingerprint Scanner With Unique Serial Number
This fingerprint scanner comes with a single finger reading feature. This hi-tech fingerprint scanner has its own unique serial number. So, this fingerprint scanner is easily traceable. This fingerprint scanner is also certified by the FBI and ideal to use for a Government official purpose. Moreover, the Live Finger Detection (LFD) feature of this scanner helps to identify the fake fingers of silicone, play-DOH, or rubber.
The 14mm thick and sturdy sensor of this fingerprint scanner also makes it durable. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner is compatible with Windows, MAC, and Linux Operating Systems. The high-quality optics of this scanner allows you to capture the most distortion-free fingerprint image.
#9. Fingerprint Reader For Microsoft Windows Login
By: Cogitable Solutions LLC
The fingerprint scanner is the smartest way to replace the fragile password security for your desktop or laptop. This fingerprint scanner is also ideal for sign-in to your Windows account. Moreover, the fingerprint scanner keeps your private or confidential data safe from tampering by a third person. This fingerprint scanner is tested and approved by Microsoft.
This fingerprint scanner is also compatible with Windows Hello. Furthermore, you do not need to download any supporting software to activate this fingerprint scanner. With a smooth finger guide surface and long USB wire, this fingerprint scanner is perfect to use in a small stationery shop. The anti-skid base of this scanner allows it to keep in place.
#8. LLC IDOL Slide Mini Fingerprint Reader
By: Cogitable Solutions LLC
This fingerprint scanner easily makes compatibility with the Windows Hello. The USB fingerprint scanner also delivers fast and easy accessibility to sign-in your Windows operating system. Moreover, this fingerprint scanner takes no space on your desktop, unlike the other ordinary wired fingerprint scanner. This fingerprint delivers the proper security to your PC or laptop against unauthorized users.
The fingerprint scanner is also ideal for the newest versions of Windows OS. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner allows you to unlock your supported applications, files, and websites with just a swipe of your finger. This fingerprint scanner support does not require any supporting software to remember your Windows fingerprint passcode.
#7. EcoID Fingerprint Reader
This fingerprint scanner is designed to work with the company provided Software. The fingerprint scanner also easily works with the latest versions of Windows Operating system and Windows Hello. Moreover, you get OmniPass online password vault with the purchase of this fingerprint. This fingerprint scanner is a Microsoft approved and definitely one of the best fingerprint scanners to opt for.
The fingerprint scanner also provides security to the applications and websites on your computer. Furthermore, the security hub offers proper authentication to fingerprint passcode enabled apps and websites. The fingerprint scanner is ideal for both the home and commercial purposes. This fingerprint scanner supports both the 32 and 64 bits of the latest versions of Windows.
#6. P5100 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader
This metal fingerprint reader is highly compatible with the latest versions of Windows. The fingerprint scanner also comes with a distinctive silicon slide sensor coated with metal housing. Moreover, this fingerprint effortlessly works with the Windows Hello. The fingerprint scanner gives you the access to your PC with a single finger swipe.
The fingerprint scanner also involves a large and easy-to-use, non-optical sensor. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner comes along with a free of cost password managing software to remember your fingerprint password. You have no requirement of remembering the critical passwords to unlock your PC/applications when you have this fingerprint scanner.
#5. Mini USB Fingerprint Reader For PC
This wireless USB fingerprint scanner acquires no space on your desktop. The mini-sized fingerprint also easily and quickly connects to your computer without any supporting software. Moreover, the fingerprint scanner is a perfect replacement of passwords for signing into your Windows Operating System. This fingerprint scanner flawlessly works with the Microsoft Windows sign-in settings as well.
The fingerprint scanner is specially designed to provide security to the Windows 10, 8.1, and including Windows Hello. Furthermore, this fingerprint scanner allows only a single finger swipe to easily unlock your PC. This fingerprint scanner also works really fast on the web browsers. The fingerprint scanner is last pass compatible.
#4. Mini Fingerprint Reader For Microsoft Windows Login
By: Cogitable Solutions LLC
This is one of the best fingerprint scanners that require no other software application for installation. The USB fingerprint scanner allows you to have a quick and easy sign-in to your Windows desktop. This fingerprint scanner also has the dimension of 28 x 20 x 15mm to easily fit into your compact desktop. Moreover, this fingerprint scanner is highly compatible with Windows 8.1, 10, including Windows Hello.
The fingerprint scanner also provides an easy and safe way to protect your laptops or tablets from unwanted users. Furthermore, this fingerprint helps you with the Microsoft Windows sign-in settings without installing a supporting software. Even, you do not have to remember those critical passwords for your devices anymore, with this simple fingerprint scanner.
#3. Compact Fingerprint Reader
By: Digital Persona
This fingerprint scanner comes with the reader size of 65x 36x 15.56-mm. The fingerprint scanner has the 8-bit grayscale. The scan capture area of this fingerprint scanner is 14.6 x 18.1-mm. This fingerprint makes the best and high-speed compatibility with the 2.0 USB cable. The fingerprint scanner is also compatible with the USB versions of 1.0 and 1.1. Moreover, this fingerprint scanner comes with a 70-inch cable. The heavy-weight construction with metal casing of this scanner does not cause any accidental movements.
The fingerprint reader is also ideal for PC security, Mobile PC’s, or custom application. Furthermore, this fingerprint is perfect for private and office data security purposes. The fingerprint limits the accessibility by setting the fingerprint passcode for your computer, files, applications, and websites. The compact design of this fingerprint scanner takes minimal space on your desktop. The soothing blue LED easily fits into every environment of your room or workspace.
#2. P2000 Premium Metal Fingerprint Reader
This fingerprint scanner is specially designed to work with Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems. The fingerprint scanner comes with a unique silicon slide sensor in an all-metal housing. You can also use this metal fingerprint reader to log in to your Windows Operating System, including Windows Hello. Moreover, the compact design of this fingerprint scanner takes a little space on your desktop. With this scanner, you do not need to remember your passwords.
The fingerprint reader also comes along with a free password managing application for fingerprint login. Furthermore, this fingerprint reader secures your personal data or files from unauthorized users. You can even set this fingerprint scanner to get access to your files, application, and websites. You get finger access to your computer. One just needs to disable the antivirus program during the installation of this fingerprint scanner. Overall, it is one of the best fingerprint scanners on the list.
#1. Fingerprint Security Reader
This biometric fingerprint scanner is compatible with most of the Windows support system. This fingerprint scanner mainly serves you by securing your personal or confidential computer files from unauthorized users. The fingerprint scanner is also way safer than the password protection. Moreover, hackers can easily break the passwords, but fingerprint passcode is difficult to crack. You no more need to remember all the passwords to get access to your computer. By setting this fingerprint scanner, you get secured access to your applications, files, and websites.
The fingerprint scanner also easily gets installed to your laptop or computer with USB connectivity. Furthermore, this scanner delivers the exact and secure identification only with one swipe of your finger. This scanner comes with a 200-cm cable for desktops and a 50-mm cable for the notebooks. The telescoping and lightweight design of this fingerprint scanner easily fits on your desktop and into your notebook cases.
What Is Fingerprint Scanner?
A fingerprint scanner is an electronic security device that records the fingerprints of individuals in certain areas, mainly workplaces. It records the patterns of ridges and valleys on a finger, and store them in data. So next time the same person uses the scanner, it can record the time of the person’s entrance and exit.
Why Should You Install Fingerprint Scanners?
- With fingerprint scanners, you can forget about signing in and out especially when there are a lot of employees. People can fake signatures, but they cannot fake their own fingerprints. That allows you to keep track of your employees’ attendance easily and more conveniently.
- For some other purposes, people use fingerprint scanning as methods of access to certain areas. That way, only the authorized person has permission to access particular areas or information.
- For some security systems, the password is not so secure because it is easy to hack. Since fingerprint is unique, there is no chance of hacking in the fingerprint security system at all.
Things To Consider When Buying Fingerprint Scanners
- Accuracy: provides security to the whole scanners so that there won’t be faulty scanning.
- Easy Operation: is important because you are going to check for the data monthly or even weekly. You wouldn’t want a fingerprint scanner with a complicated process because it is time-consuming. Always look for the ones with a system that you can use without a problem so that you can handle everything well.
- Memory Storage: allows you to store multiple fingerprint data for people in your company. See how many fingerprints that the device can store before you purchase one.
- Smudge Protection: ensures that the scanner still works even if the person has injuries on their finger. We all know employees who sometimes scan their fingers with food debris. This feature also helps with that as well.
Types Fingerprint Scanners
- Capacitive Fingerprint Scanners: utilize electrical current to sense the image instead of light. The scanning process uses an array of capacitor plates to capture the image of the fingerprint. Its capacitive sensor can measure the smallest differences in conductivity that the presence of ridges cause. This type of fingerprint scanner offers secure fingerprint data, and you can also track and record the data as well.
- Multispectral Fingerprint Scanners: reduce the vulnerability of fingerprint sensors to spoof attacks. They can capture the features of the tissue that lie below the skin surfaces and usual features on finger surfaces. This allows the scanner to collect good quality fingerprint images under a wide range of conditions.
- Optical Fingerprint Scanners: use optics or LED light to capture and scan fingerprints on a device. It works by capturing digital photography of your fingerprints and using algorithms to find unique patterns of lines and ridges. The scanning process starts when you place your finger on the glass plate aka touch surface of the scanner. This type is quite common especially in workplaces because they are easy to install and use.
While buying a fingerprint scanner, there are a lot of factors you have to check. First of all, the fingerprint scanner needs to be compatible with the operating system of your computer. The above-mentioned best fingerprint scanners are almost compatible with Windows. Some of them are compatible with MacOS and Linux. You have to check the version of the operating system as well. The design has to be ergonomic, and it should be accurate and responsive. In the above fingerprint scanners, you do not have to worry about the quality as our team has handpicked the best ones for you to purchase.