If you or your passengers love music while traveling in your car, you should definitely install a car subwoofer for better sound quality. There are various types of car subwoofer available with a wide range of price tags. There are budget car subwoofers also available to enhance the music system your car comes with. The type also varies according to the shape and enclosure type. It can improve not only rock music but also the slow melody music. While the driver drives, the passengers can have fun with the music on, and the trip will be memorable. The following list contains the best budget car subwoofers for purchasing online.
- List of The Best Budget Car Subwoofers
- #10. Elite Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
- #9. 750 Watt DVC Marine ATV & Car Subwoofer
- #8. Car Audio Subwoofer
- #7. 500 Watt High Power Subwoofer
- #6. 400 Watt Slim Under Seat Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer
- #5. 1200 Watts Shallow Mount Subwoofer
- #4. Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
- #3. Car Subwoofer With 600 Watts Maximum Power
- #2. 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer
- #1. 10″ Car Audio Speaker Subwoofer
- Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
- Car Subwoofer Types
- Car Subwoofer Size Options
List of The Best Budget Car Subwoofers
No products found.
#10. Elite Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
By: BOSS Audio
With 600 watts of maximum power, this budget car subwoofer has rubber surround which will complement its look. This has a polypropylene cone and has dual 4 Ohm voice coil. It will deliver a fantastic performance and is a great sounding speaker. Moreover, this will let you have more wiring configuration possibilities and is suitable for high-power applications.
This will easily thrive in a ported enclosure and has more SPL output. This will give high-thumping bass and will also perform better in a sealed enclosure. Furthermore, the mounting depth is of 3.6 inches and will easily optimize the amps power output. This is an excellent looking speaker which will produce big sound.
#9. 750 Watt DVC Marine ATV & Car Subwoofer
By: Polk Audio
Here is an amazing budget car subwoofer which comes with mounting hardware made of stainless steel. This has a nominal impedance of 4 Ohms, and the peak power handling is 750 Watts. This is a high-performance subwoofer which will put high-thumping bass in your car. Moreover, it comes with dynamic bass technology which will let you have full-range sound.
This is a very durable car subwoofer and is resistant to UV, humidity, water, fog, and dirt. Furthermore, this comes in a low-profile design which will save the space for sub enclosures. This is ideal for watercraft and is an excellent replacement for your old car speakers.
#8. Car Audio Subwoofer
This one comes from a popular brand and will deliver excellent sound. It can handle up to 800 watts of peak power and has a voice coil diameter of 1.5 inches. The budget car subwoofer has 4 Ohms impedance, and the frequency response is up to 200 Hz. Moreover, this has hi-rill rubber surrounds and is very durable.
It is made of polypropylene and has low distortion bass. Furthermore, it has a strong power handling capacity and is made to deliver high output. In this, you can turn off the loudspeakers individually, and it has high-efficiency. This will not disappoint you when it comes to performance and is a great subwoofer.
#7. 500 Watt High Power Subwoofer
With peak power of 500 Watts, this budget car subwoofer has cloth edge suspension and can be an excellent replacement for your car speakers. The mounting depth of the speaker is 4.5 inches and has a good voice coil. This will deliver amazing sound and is also an affordable product.
Moreover, you can also use this in your home and experience sound. This is very lightweight and has 8 Ohms of impedance. Furthermore, this is an amazing music reinforcement system, and there will be no distortion. This will tighten up the bass and is designed to last longer. This is very functional and is made to deliver power.
#6. 400 Watt Slim Under Seat Powered Car/Truck Subwoofer
This is one of the most powerful and best budget car subwoofers which will let you have great bass in your vehicle. This will easily get under your seat as it is only 2.8 inches thick. It has an in-built top-line amplifier and is made to last long. Moreover, this is easy to install and has high-level inputs.
Furthermore, in this, you will find smart turn-on circuit which is able to sense the audio signal. It will also automatically get turned off when the music signal is turned off. The peak power of this subwoofer is 400 Watts, and you can also adjust the sound according to your preference. It comes with mounting hardware and remote bass knob.
#5. 1200 Watts Shallow Mount Subwoofer
With a frequency response of up to 125 Hz, this budget car subwoofer comes in a sleek design. This has a top-notch sound quality and will give you the most accurate bass. It has a greater cone and comes with a gasket surface and will produce louder bass. Moreover, this is very easy to mount and is very lightweight.
Furthermore, this has a single 4-Ohm impedance and can produce 1,200 Watts of power. In this, you will find mica-injected resin cone and has a simple mounting depth. This can be a perfect replacement for your old or worn-out speakers and will let you have dynamic sound. Even the voice coil will also allow you to hear loud music.
#4. Dual 4 Ohm Voice Coil Car Subwoofer
By: Planet Audio
Here is an attractive budget car subwoofer which is made up of durable and resilient polypropylene and will make you listen to great sound. In this, you will find flexible foam and has higher efficiency. This will ensure that you will have a better excursion and includes strong voice coils which can withstand high temperatures. Moreover, the coil will make sure that the subwoofer will maintain its properties without any disturbances.
It comes in the form of a stamped basket and has a die-cast frame. The depth is 9 inches, and the resonant frequency is 39 Hz. Furthermore, it has amazing corrosion resistance and also includes good mechanical property. There is no doubt that it is one of the best budget car subwoofers to buy.
#3. Car Subwoofer With 600 Watts Maximum Power
By: BOSS Audio Systems
In this budget car subwoofer, you will find amazing voice coils which can easily withstand higher temperatures. This is built to last and is made up of polypropylene. This will let you listen to the great sound and will provide you with the power of a resilient and long-lasting subwoofer. Furthermore, this is completely surrounded by rubber which will endure damage. The rubber will complement the design of the subwoofer, and there will be no wear and tear.
Moreover, this has a die-cast frame which can transfer and absorb the energy given by the speaker. It is resistant to corrosion and comes with good mechanical properties. You will also find higher electrical and thermal conductivity, and it can also retain its power during the time of high temperatures. This is very durable and has dual 4 Ohm impedance.
#2. 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer
This is a very slim budget car subwoofer which will allow you to listen at 800 Watts maximum. In this, you will find low-level RCA input and has the feature of auto turn-on technology. The low pass range is from 50 to 150 Hz, and it has a thermal protection circuit. Moreover, there is also an overload protection circuit, and there is a delayed remote turn-on. You will also find the function of input sensitivity which can easily be adjusted.
Furthermore, this is a CEA compliant product and is the only one available in a slim design. This is louder and better, and the design of this subwoofer makes it easily fit under your seat. It has a built-in amplifier which makes the task of wiring and installation very easy. This has a high level of inputs, and you will also find bass boost and phase control. Overall, it is one of the best budget car subwoofers on the list.
#1. 10″ Car Audio Speaker Subwoofer
With 1000 watt of power, this budget car subwoofer has an amazing bass response which will let you listen to your favorite track loudly. It will produce full surround stereo sound and has 90 decibels of audio projection. This is a durable product which has a non-fatiguing rubber suspension. Moreover, you will also find a rubber magnet boot and a foam surround which has been specially treated. The construction of this will make sure that it is safe for any journey. It is vented and has a non-press cone.
You will also find dual 4 Ohm impedance, and it will compensate the wire of your vehicle. In this, you will also find dual voice coil which will enhance the performance of the subwoofer. Furthermore, it comes in a standard size of 10 inches and is very easy to mount. It can even operate in higher temperatures and is a perfect replacement for worn speakers.
Buyer’s Guide – Things To Keep In Mind
If you are buying the car woofer with a limited budget for the first time, the following buying guide will be immensely helpful. There are a lot of car subwoofers which fall under the budget category but are cheap in quality. Therefore, you need some guidance in order to choose the best budget car subwoofers.
The power of a car subwoofer mostly determines the booming effect. Therefore, you need to pay attention to the RMS power rating instead of the peak power rating. It determines the output, and it is a better realistic measure, but you need to compare among the products you have shortlisted. According to your requirement and budget, you should choose accordingly.
Playing music on your car is not just about hard rock and high pitch music. It is about the clarity of the sound at high and low pitch. The frequency range determines how low or high a subwoofer can play. The wider the range, the better it is. Though the frequency range is not always the best factor for measurement, it is still one of the most important to keep in mind.
To achieve high output, the sensitivity is an important factor, and it is as vital as the power. It is said that a higher sensitivity rating requires less power. Therefore, if you buy a subwoofer with sensitivity, it will consume less power for producing the same sound in comparison to the one with low sensitivity.
There are two types of car subwoofers available – single voice coil and dual voice coil subwoofers. Most of the budget car subwoofers are single voice coil. But it is better to buy the dual voice coil subwoofers because they provide better sound quality.
Apart from that, you need to pay attention to the enclosure type because it can determine the throw and effect on the sound. The sealed boxes provide the best sound quality while the ported and bandpass enclosure type can produce more volume. Moreover, you need to get the size right as per space in your car. There is a misconception that a small subwoofer produces less volume of sound and less clarity. It is dependent on the above-mentioned factors, and therefore, the smallest car subwoofers can produce better sound than the biggest ones.
Car Subwoofer Types
- Bass Tube: comes with a built-in tube enclosure in the driver. It is compact due to the tube enclosure design which is ideal for cars with limited space. This type makes a great bass upgrade although it is not as loud as regular subwoofers out there. Also, it is easy to install which you can also easily set up by yourself.
- Powered Subwoofer: also goes by the name of active subwoofers, it is one of the most common subwoofers for cars. This type comes with its own inbuilt amplifier which means it does not take a lot of power from the receiver. Simply connect them to the receiver directly, and that’s it which is so easy and simple.
- Shallow Mount Subwoofer: has a shallow mounting depth which is great to install in tight space. You can put it under the car seat or in the back dashboard, and its performance is great.
- Standard Subwoofer: aka passive subwoofer, is passive in design because it requires an external power source. That means you will have to connect them to an external car amp. This type looks like regular speakers, and most of them come without an enclosure. Standard subwoofers are ideal for small space in the car due to its compact size.
- Vehicle-Specific Subwoofer: is designed to fit in a specific car type and installation location. This type is often small in size but it delivers decent bass quality.
Car Subwoofer Size Options
- 6-Inch Subwoofer: is the smallest subwoofer that you can find. The size can range from 6 inches to 6.5 inches, and 6.75 inches. With a compact size, the installation is also easy and simple especially in a car with small spaces. You can install them on your car doors or beneath the passenger seats.
- 8-Inch Subwoofer: is one of the most common sizes in subwoofers. With this size, it can produce tight and accurate bass in every music you play. The quality is decent, and you can easily install it on the doors or under the seats.
- 10-Inch Subwoofer: is the size that you should go for if you love deep bass from a compact subwoofer. With 10-inch subwoofers, you will receive the powerful bass with a great balance between accuracy and loudness. Still compact, but the sound quality is pretty amazing which is simply great.
- 12-Inch Subwoofer: is perfect for car music lovers who love booming and a bit of earth-shaking bass. Because of the large size, the bass quality is more accurate but it takes quite a lot of space.
- 15-Inch Subwoofer: is quite large so it is more ideal for a car with spacious trunks like SUVs and trucks. The subwoofers of this size are loud with deep bass just the way audiophiles out there like.
- 18-Inch Subwoofer: is the largest car subwoofer that you can find in the market. The subs of this size are extremely powerful, and the bass is incredibly deep. You will have to sacrifice almost all the space, but the sound quality that you get will be worth it.
Even though we have provided the best budget car subwoofers, you should keep the buying guide in mind in order to pick the best one for you. These subwoofers are available at different price points to suit your budget. It is better to buy a subwoofer that blends with the interior of the car and consumes less power to produce better sound quality. These subwoofers are suitable for small cars, SUVs, and even trucks. A subwoofer is not just about increasing the bass but also about increasing the other aspects like sound quality and clarity.